The Vancouver Community Network owns, operates and promotes a free, publicly accessible, non-commercial, community computer utility in the Lower Mainland of BC which provides a public space on the Internet. The VCN techteam is Vancouver Community Network’s IT team based in downtown Vancouver, B.C. The TechTeam provides the non-profit community with friendly, professional IT solutions at an affordable rate.
This position will report to the Technical Services Manager and is responsible for providing technical support to clients and supporting Help Desk volunteers. We are looking to hire a student for the summer.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of intake;
- registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school full-time in the upcoming academic year;
- meet the job requirements of the IHO, which should included stated ICT-related activities; and
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Providing training and support to entry level volunteers
- Providing on-site technical support to non-profit organizations
- Assisting with workstation installations
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac is an asset.
- A+ certification would be an asset.
- Ability to learn and teach.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English; additional languages an asset.
VCN welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals.
- visible minority
- person with a disability
HOURS: 40 hours a week
COMPENSATION: $10.85/hr for 360 hours
DURATION: 9 weeks
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION