The Vancouver Community Network owns, operates and promotes a free, publicly accessible, non-commercial, community computer utility in the Lower Mainland of BC which provides a public space on the Internet. The VCN techteam is Vancouver Community Network’s IT team based in downtown Vancouver, B.C. The TechTeam provides the non-profit community with friendly, professional IT solutions at an affordable rate.
This position will report to the Technical Services Manager and is responsible for developing VCN’s Street Messaging System (http://www.streetmessagingsystem.ca/), developing scripts, and supporting Help Desk volunteers. We are looking to hire a student for the summer.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Participating youth must:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of intake;
- registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year;
- intend to return to school full-time in the upcoming academic year;
- meet the job requirements of the IHO, which should included stated ICT-related activities; and
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Developing VCN’s Street Messaging System using Ruby on Rails
- Developing server scripts and web applications.
- Providing training and support to entry level volunteers.
- Providing technical support to staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent education is an asset.
- Ability to learn and teach.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English; additional languages are an asset.
VCN welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals.
- visible minority
- person with a disability
HOURS: 40 hours a week
COMPENSATION: $10.85/hr for 360 hours
DURATION: 9 weeks
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION